Well Thistle, I tried to find a good pic of us both to add to this post, but I came up empty. It's probably because you were kicking my ass in every race we ever ran together! Which is exactly what you're gonna do at Nationals...even if I can't be there on the backstretch screaming like a crazed nut, I know you can win that title in the Steeple. And as soon as you do, I'm stealing the piece from Brandon and giving it right back to you!
But beyond that, I'm seriously going to miss you. It has been two great years of running with each other, going a little wild with each other, and of course, shitting on each other on a daily basis (which means making fun of each other when you read this 20 years from now lol!) But most of all, it was awesome being such great friends. The whole Fall '09 semester I could count on lunch in the caf with none other than the All-American himself, and I could especially count on the ubiquitous "Paul Thistle stories!"
In just two years, we made a lot of memorable moments. Many things come to mind: Our run we invented right before the T&F formal, my first legal drink with you and Newman (which was an honor to say the least), the many times we were the loudest person on the track/course for each other, even simple things like you destroying me at Madden in typical Paul Thistle fashion (You had nothing on me at Nazi Zombies though)!
I think I speak for the team when I say we're going to miss you as an athlete, but we're all going to miss you even more as the great friend and leader you were. Very few can say they had an HR that would simply stop by and pick up a controller in their room and allow them to post flower decals on his door. Speaking of that, I was actually in your suite today while testing the network jacks all over West Hall and West Village. When I walked in the door I thought of some of the great times we had at SU, but I know that just because you graduated, we haven't seen the last of you. If I know you as well as I do, then I'm sure you plan on watching us compete as your "real-world" schedule allows! I hope the whole team and myself can use that thought as motiviation to continue the tradition of excellence.
As I said though, I take comfort in the idea that we'll be seeing you again. I look forward to even more great memories from the meets you come to see and the weekends you come up to unwind with us again! Good luck with landing that job in Pittsburgh you were talking about, and I wish you and Caitlin the best of luck with everything. Congratulations for not only graduating, but also leaving a legacy for me, everyone else close to you, and the entire campus!
Hope to see you soon!
Dan Martin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment