
Well, just 5 days from the final great race of your career at Susquehanna University. It has been an amazing run (I know bad track & field cliche) these past 4 years. It is just so good to see it all coming together at the perfect time. What you have accomplished over the past four years in cross-country and track & field, may not be equaled at Susquehanna or the Landmark Conference. There are several coaches and athletes who will be extremely happy you are finally gone. Even still, your bigger and better races are in the future. I hope we can continue this incredible year and truly take your running to the next level. I do believe qualifying for the USATF National Championships could be in your future. Coaching you, while at times we disagreed on things, has been a great experience. I believe I learned as much from the experience as you have. You have brought more to this program than just your ability as a runner. You showed everyone that hard work and dedication does pay off. You have battled injuries and adversity and each time you got better for it. Your legacy will live on at Susquehanna for many years if not forever as your impact goes beyond your times on the track or in cross-country. You also brought tremendous leadership that has paid off in numerous championships. It is difficult to think of coaching the team without you there but a lot of the runners that are still here I was able to recruit because of your accomplishments. You were the initial piece of the puzzle that led to this great resurgence of middle distance and distance running at Susquehanna.I will also miss having your family at the meets and the tradition of putting Solomon in a trash can at every championship. After you win friday, he goes in for real - Ha Ha. Hopefully we will continue to be a team (men & women) you will be proud of to follow and you continue to stop back to compete and motivate the current team members. I am sure over the years the stories of the great Paul Thistle will get grander as they get passed down team to team. Outside of track & field and cross-country, you have left and lasting impression on the Susquehanna University community. You would be hard pressed to find someone on campus who has not been impacted by you. I know you will be successful in the future but I will wish you good luck regardless. I wish you and Caitlin the happiest of lives together and I know you will have a great family together. Thank you for a great four years!!!!
Marty
No comments:
Post a Comment